October 10, 2005

And It Is Monday Again

The kids are off on Fall Break this week. I swear I still don't understand the meaning of this "fall break" here in the south; it is the ONE thing I can't stand down here in Alabama. Makes no sense to me to have this "fall break", it serves no purpose whatsoever and it is stupid! And yes you are damned skippy I can sit here and complain about it because when the school board put this out here to the parents for a discussion and vote you know I spoke my mind AND VOTED AGAINST IT! But I digress...

The real reason I wanted to post this morning is to promote two blogs. One I have only recently discovered, the other is a regular reader and commenter here at The Gray Tie and I have only just now blogrolled her; shame on me.

OK first up is MindMatter, an honest and welcoming refreshment to the blogworld. Well, at least in my blogworld. She's probably already famous and I'm just now getting around to noticing. I am slow at times. Please, go read and blogroll and comment; tell her I said "hello", please.

Next let me link up I Am My Kids Mom. This blogger has been a steady reader and commenter on my blog. I encourage you all to visit her on a regular basis.

The above mentioned blogs are inspiring to me because they are honest and gutsy. Something I started with a long time ago but then turned "all business like" for various reasons. Maybe if I keep reading these two women I can get back to that someday; the being honest and real and myself part.

Oh and in other news - I am going to college in January! It's official now. My first classes will be American Lit. I, Sociology, Public Speech, Appreciation to Theatre, and some kind of class that deals with manipulating numbers; yuck.

I am very grateful that I will get to attend school full time. I am an English major - still can't get used to saying that, and our community college has a great two year English program. After completing two year plan I will then transfer to four year college. I would like to get into the publishing world, more specifically book publishing.

Enough already! Have a great day.

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sondra said...

Hey...thanks! (and I'm not famous at all, so you weren't missing much) :)

10/10/2005 08:08:00 AM

 
Blogger janet said...

It's so awesome that you're going back to school!! It's an adjustment but you can do it. You're a smart cookie!

10/10/2005 08:37:00 AM

 
Blogger My Kid's Mom said...

Carol:

What a wonderful and humbling surprise to read what you wrote about me - but I honestly believe YOU are the "gutsy" one! Thank you, my friend (she says with tears in her eyes).

Boy, you really can tell that you are getting into your writing again - how many posts for today alone???? It's so great to have you back, and I am so very proud of you for getting back to college. You go, girl!!

God's blessings ~ Valerie

10/10/2005 08:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home