September 29, 2005

Stacy Speaks - Listen Up Folks!

Stacy of Not A Desperate Housewife speaks very directly on a topic of A New Racism.

I would post the whole damned thing here, right now, but instead here is a little taste of her words because I want you to click over to her site!

Foul has now been called so often that its lost its meaning. I am sickened that I now have to view black America with suspect. It breaks my heart to know that the people I have spent my life looking up to (Dr. King and Sojourner Truth) have been betrayed by their own people.

I find it ironic that the civil rights movement has taken the same path as the womens' rights movements. Both have reached a point where what they set out to accomplish has been done, yet neither have recognized it. So in order to continue a war that no longer exist, they fabricate issues to maintain their self importance.

I think Stacy is brave for speaking up on this topic, a topic I have often thought about myself. I will stand with her. It needed to be said and she has delivered with valor.

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Stacy said...

Thanks Carol.

9/29/2005 11:33:00 AM

 
Anonymous epiphany said...

rotflmaopimp!!! Thank you for putting a SMILE on my face today! That was a great link. :D

9/29/2005 02:58:00 PM

 
Anonymous Diane said...

Ever seen this post?

Tribes

9/29/2005 03:16:00 PM

 
Anonymous moonbat monitor said...

that was quite possibly one of the best takes i've seen on racism in my life.

thanks for the link.

9/29/2005 05:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home