September 20, 2005

Snob, Snobberish, and Snobbery

"Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings." - Cary Grant

"We must never confuse elegance with snobbery." - Yves Saint Laurent

"Snobbery is the pride of those who are not sure of their position" - Berton Braley

HASH(0x8bf1f8c)
You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every
book ever published. You are a fountain of
endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and
never fail to impress at a party.
What people love: You can answer almost any
question people ask, and have thus been
nicknamed Jeeves.
What people hate: You constantly correct their
grammar and insult their paperbacks.


What Kind of Elitist Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

While I admit to being a snob to a certain extent, I do remember I have MANNERS! Maybe it's just a southern thing, to have manners and USE THEM, I don't know. But I find it disheartening to see people act like snobs; not just snobs but the mean spirited, rude-assiness snobbery which of course you know is shameful indeed.

Tags: , , , and .

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 Comments:

Blogger hbl said...

My score showed a glass of wine and said I am 1 in eight.

Well, actually, if we've been to a restaurant more than twice, they come to realize good service brings a generous tip.

9/20/2005 06:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Ranger Tom said...

We're the same kind of snob...

9/21/2005 03:38:00 AM

 
Anonymous Diane said...

Book and language snob here. I have to agree with you on Manners! That's just common decency. I don't care who the hell you are- it doesn't take any great effort to be polite :)

9/21/2005 04:48:00 AM

 
Blogger My Kid's Mom said...

Musical snob here - but I didn't like the description! Hmm.

I also agree with you about manners.

9/21/2005 05:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home