September 11, 2005

Shadows and Carnivals

Hey, does anyone else have this thing called "SHADOW"? I signed up for it a few days ago and I even have a tool bar now for it, but I have no idea how to work the damned thing. I've tried dabbling with it and reading the FAQs and all that but I have yet to figure out of it's use.

In other non-important stuff, anyone want to participate in the Carnival of the Moonbat Comments? Yes? No? Maybe? Go to hell? I have created a cool graphic and everything!

OK, here it is....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I think I have posted about this before, starting some kind of new carnival. This is the choice of my liking. I know MacStansbury has started the Bonfire of the Anonymity and that is all fine and well, the more the carnivals the more the merrier I say.

Since MacStansbury hasn't yet put up a day of the week for his new carnival I'd like to suggest Friday for the Carnival of the Moonbats. This way you can collect all of your moonbat comments from the week (that is if you haven't banned them or deleted them) and send them in for a great big ole feast to be served up for fun and laughter for your Friday night dates. What do you say folks?

I have my first moonbat comment. Well, it was pretty tame, but still; it had no cussing and it only said I lived in fairyland.

But I have to wonder if the carnival would make the moonbats fly for cover? Or would it encourage them to make dumbass comments so they can get highlighted? Ah, well, there is a catch to this carnival. We would not give them a link of course, nor mention their blog names or email addresses. No, we would simply direct the readers to OUR site, the entry that the moonbat commented on. Cause you know moonbats rarely give their information out anyway. This carnival is more or less a way to make fun of OURSELVES and of course use it as another vehicle to promote the hell out of our blogs.

Hesitation is being played in my head for this carnival due to negative attention, but what the hell? Can we not do this in the spirit of having a little harmless fun? Like I said, we would be making fun of OURSELVES, somehow.

So, if you'd like to participate in this new carnival here is what you do.

First, steal the graphic, hosting it at your own place; or make one of your own.

Promote it on your site.

Start gathering up your moonbat comments, yes you can submit more then one.

Submit them to me at the_gray_tie at yahoo dot com by Thursday; 9:00pm central time is cut-off.

You may add your own commentary if you wish or you can leave it up to ME to chastise the entry and the moonbat.

Volunteer to host the damned thing.

These procedures are subject to change. I have a sneaky suspicion I may be the ONLY ONE participating in this for a while, heck maybe for a long time. Whatever. I have nothing else to do. Oh OK, what I am really doing here is trying to get my blog noticed, OK? There I admitted it.

Also, if you have a better name like Moonbat Masquerade, which I love by the way, please feel free to let me know about that too. I am liking Moonbat Masquerade though. Will have to go and change graphic now.

Someone let me know if they think this is the most obsurd, most stupid, and asanine thing they have ever heard of in their entire blogging life.

Oh and while I'm thinking of it I'd like to share with you a conversation I had today with Magnificent Manchild. And this is totally off topic.

Magnificent Manchild: "Hey Mom, is Mickey Mouse a real person?"

Me: "No son, it's just a person dressed up in a costume."

Magnificent Manchild: "Well, is Walt Disney a real person?"

Me: "Yes son, he was a real person, in fact he died on my birthday."

Magnificent Manchild: "You mean like last year?"

Me: "No, I mean he died the DAY I was born."

Magnificent Manchild: "Oh, he was old then wasn't he?"

Now, was Magnificent Manchild trying to say that Disney was old when he died or was he trying to say he died a LONG TIME AGO? I am still pondering it.

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

LOL...just think how old he'd thing I am?!

I wanna play Moonbattys...but I don't get that many moonbatty comments...the last one was so bad, I admit to deleting it, lol.

9/11/2005 06:40:00 PM

 
Blogger hbl said...

In the spirit of Col. Potter, the expression is "horse hockey."

Nice moonbats, tho.

9/11/2005 06:44:00 PM

 
Blogger The Gray Tie said...

I'll try my best next time hbl to watch my language but I cannot promise anything. ;-) I like blowing off steam in that manner. I am ex-sailor after all.

9/11/2005 09:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home