September 26, 2005

On A More Personal Note...

And trust me this won't happen often, I thought I'd let ya'll know that my anemia is back. I went in for my yearly check up and my hemoglobin was down again at 5, should be up near a 13. So instead of being prescribed iron pills this time they are going to do an iron infusion. Trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds, it's just an IV. I'll go in tomorrow for a few hours for that event.

This would explain a lot about me lately.

But on a more upbeat note, I have been busy today getting ready for....school! LOL Imagine that, a 38 year old housewife and mom going back to school. I feel a little foolish but excited at the same time. I have FINALLY picked a major too; English. Don't laugh, I know my writing sucks as far as grammar, spelling, and punctuation go but hey, whatever. I already have English 101 and 102 under by my belt so I figured I'd just keep on going with the English motif.

The community college has a two year English program and I talked with advisors today and got my little schedule set up and talked with financial people and blah blah blah.

I'd like to go into publishing; we shall see. I reckon one can do a lot with an English degree, yes?

Aight peeps, need to get going and get kiddos settled in for the night. We are reading "Eragon" in the evenings. But first Magnificent Manchild needs shower, he is smelling ripe from football practice and Glorious Girlchild needs to use computer for homework.

Later....

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 Comments:

Blogger My Kid's Mom said...

Hey Carol - Good luck with the iron infusion - they are kind of like a necessary evil (my oldest has had one before). I'll keep you in my prayers.
It's great that you're going to college! English was my major in undergraduate school - and so I am sure you will do quite well. You have a great knack with words -very crisp and concise and to the point. I'm excited for you!!!

9/26/2005 07:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Ranger Tom said...

I've been needing to get one too... My doctor was pushing them on me for years... I'll stick with the iron pills for now.

9/27/2005 03:31:00 AM

 
Blogger Tammy said...

Go get that infusion thingie so you stay healthy!

And good for you for going back to school. That's something I would so love to be able to do. :)

9/27/2005 06:26:00 AM

 
Anonymous epiphany said...

Congratulations on going back to school! If you need any help, let me know. I know you will do well with it, because your blog is an excellent example of your ability to write (and no one cares about spelling, outside of academia (this said from a person who cannot spell and has a degree in English)).

9/27/2005 03:37:00 PM

 
Blogger hbl said...

Congrats on going back to school. That'll keep the old brain cells active!

9/28/2005 06:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Diane said...

Hope you get that iron up! You have any cast iron pans? LOL Seriously! And good deal on school :) I've often thought about going back....

9/28/2005 09:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home