September 18, 2005

Are We Bloggers Just As Fickle As The MSM?

I know I said I wasn't going to do any blogging today, or not at least until later tonight. I changed my mind, get over it. I am temporarily suspending personal posting.

While searching for the latest headlines I found "Keeping Natalee in the Spotlight" from AL.com. As I read through the article my first thought was how the MSM dropped Natalee like a hot potato for the Hurricane Katrina disaster, and rightly so I guess. However, do they have to drop her completely? Sure I have seen little snippets on Greta and such but it certainly isn't being covered like it once was. My how the MSM is fickle. And then there is the infamous Cindy Sheehan coverage.

Then my thought went to, "well I certainly haven't read any bloggers lately who have posted on Natalee." So, I thought I'd try to get the ball rolling again.

With Joran van der Sloot in college in Holland now, Twitty decided to move her base of operations back to Birmingham. "But I'll be flying back and forth to Aruba," she says. "We are not giving up on Natalee. Until somebody shows me otherwise, I have to believe my daughter's alive."


"Some of the places we've had to go to look for my daughter would make you sick," she says in that now-familiar flat Southern accent. She's talking about the Aruban crack houses, the live-girl shows and the other seedy places she and Jug have gone in the middle of the night when the phone rings with a Natalee sighting.

"We'd get a call about a body on the side of the road, and we'd rush out to see if it was Natalee," Twitty says. "It got to where you'd sleep with your clothes on so you could just get up and run."


There have been a few e-mails and blog posts accusing Twitty of being a media hound. Her friends and family know her as anything but. "Beth's actually kind of a quiet person, and private," DeBardeleben says.


This one is probably the Cindy Sheehan cult followers that are accusing Twitty of being a media hound. I wouldn't put it past them. But I digress and am losing my focus.

The linked article goes on to talk more about Beth Twitty and I found that troubling. I want to know updates about Natalee.

Go to NataleeHolloway.com for more reward information and the latest headlines and news.

Cross-Posted at Conservative Thinking

The Blogger's Tag: basil's blog

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chris Short said...

The sad thing is that not only has the media dropped her but they've found some other pretty missing girl story to follow.

I honestly think that Natalee is dead and has been in the ocean so long that she is far beyond decomposed and will never be found.

9/18/2005 03:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous moonbat monitor said...

so sad that the whole thing happened.

I've always wondered why the media gets fixated on one missing person. there are probably thousands of people missing now.

Remember Chandra Levy? She's another one they dropped like a hot potato when another big news story came about.

Now it's Natalee.

I hope one way or another, justice is done in this case.

9/18/2005 07:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home