August 30, 2005

New Orleans After Katrina

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - The scene in New Orleans appears more grim by the hour, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said hundreds, if not thousands, of people may still be stuck on roofs and in attics.

As a result, he says, rescue crews in boats don't have time to deal with the dead bodies they encounter. He says they're just pushing them aside.

It appears the death toll from the storm will be high. One survivor after another told of friends and loved ones who floated off or disappeared as the floodwaters rose around them.

The police in the Big Easy are even ignoring looters -- saying they're focusing instead on saving lives.


While browsing the web looking for looting stories in New Orleans (cause I was mad as hell about it and wanted to let you know how mad as hell I was about it) I found the above story.

It looks like it is just getting worse and worse. I must admit I have not been paying that much attention to the news. I can see why the rescue people are pushing the dead bodies aside. They are mad as hell too. They have to go in and rescue the idiots who refused to evacuate therefore wasting time and money.

And then we have the looters. This is the one that baffles me the most. What in the hell are these people thinking? They are stealing from their own communities. I just cannot wrap my brain around this looting bit. I just have to throw my arms up in the air and say, "what the hell is wrong with people?" Stupid goddamn idiots.

Just go in and rescue the children and animals.

Oh all right, enlighten me.

Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Your head is in the right place. A friend (of both of ours, I do believe) said something very similar...instead of spending the time and money necessary to pump the water out of New Orleans, instead, they're rescuing all of these idjits that just really thought they had to stay.

8/30/2005 07:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home